Sunday, March 16, 2008

chopsuey: food, friends and relationships

cooking: my newly discovered skill

i don't cook back home. if i do cook it would be either grilling or frying and everything would be chopped, mixed and marinated by my mother or sister already. but there is one thing that i could cook well and mastered... beef steak. thats it.  other than that, i dont know.  living on my own made me discover or rather forced me to discover something that i thought i never could do. so much as do it really well.  i never thought i could cook!!! and my flatmates are raving over my simple fried chicken, grilled chicken, chicken steak, burger steak and gravy, camaron rebosado and most recently CHOPSUEY! yes! i have successfully cooked chopsuey with the help of the ever reliable internet.hahaha 


OFW: organization of friends worldwide

i am having a blast here in oman! having a good circle of friends surely makes up for some of the loneliness and homesickness i feel here.  they've become my family here. everything was made easier for me because of them. my filipino friends here are great, they're fun to be  with and i know they'll be there when i would be needing them. the omani friends are also fun to be with though sometimes they are "kamote".hehehe the guys are much nicer than the girls though. there's still a whole of other people out there i will meet. it would be really great to have this international circle of friends.


RELATIONSHIPS
yep, something's cooking....




 

No comments: